Thursday, March 24, 2011

Happy Birthday to my little man

 
So yesterday was the BIG day and I'll have to admit, I didn't cry as much as I thought I would. I kind of just want Christian to stay my little baby forever, is that normal? I think he had a pretty fun filled first birthday, I packed alot into just one day and I got to spend the day in awesome company. I have my nephew and niece for spring break so they got to spend Christian's special day with us, needless to say the day was just perfect! We waited for Sienna to get out of school then we went to the Treehouse museum and played for a couple hours, then we went to McDonalds and Christian got his very first Happy Meal (he got chicken nuggets and ate almost all of them :-)), then I took the kids to the park to play for a bit and after that we came home and played in Christian's new sand box we bought. He loves the sand box and I'm actually pretty surprised because he doesn't eat the sand, he actually plays in it! We had a birthday party for him on the 19th in Idaho, it was so much fun to spend the day surrounded by family and friends! Christian got a lot of awesome presents too! We're having another party for our family here in Utah for him tomorrow. I love spending days with family and friends celebrating how special my children are! It definetly does not seem like Christian has been with us for a year it feels like just yesterday I was anxiously awaiting his arrival. He has grown so much in this past year it's just crazy! He has the cutest little personality, he looks so much like me but acts so much like Chris it's funny. I'm so lucky to be able to be a stay at home mom, I just get to spend my days watching Christian grow and develop, I love teaching him new things, it's so awesome knowing that everything he learns I taught him! He LOVES to make us laugh, he does the funniest little things and will keep doing them if he can get a laugh out of us by doing it. He no longer eats baby food which has been kind of hard because he doesn't have his molars yet so he can't quite eat everything that we do but I manage. He doesn't crawl anymore, he has the cutest walk and Sienna has been trying to teach him how to run. He loves to cuddle, he is my baby cuddle bug. He has a crazy obsession with hats, he loves to wear one, take it off, then bring it to me so I will put it back on. He loves to wrestle with Chris, I love watching them play together, Christian is only 1 but you can tell how much he already admires his daddy.  He says dadda, momma, bobba, num nums, kitty, and no. He usually chatters up a storm, he's getting so close to saying more words. He copies almost everything we do, that can be a good and bad thing it's funny when I yell for Chris or Sienna and he copies me by yelling for them too, it's so cute. He's such a morning person just like his sister, I'm not but between the two of them it's really hard not to be. And he loves playing games like patty cake. He is such a fun, cute, and smart little boy I have no idea how I got so lucky! Chris, Sienna and I just spoil him to death, we adore him. I'm so blessed to have such a wonderful family!










0 comments: