Saturday, February 5, 2011

Labels

This little girl right here
means everything to me! I married her daddy when she was 3 years old, to her I am Blythe or momma depending on the day :-) and I have always left the decision of what she wants to call me up to her. The way I see it "What's in a name? That which we call a rose by any other name would smell as sweet" I don't need a label to know how much she loves me, I feel it in her tender hugs or her thoughtful gestures and in every good night kiss. She has 2 little brothers and 1 little sister that she loves dearly, I could never put into words the way she interacts, loves and takes care of them, seriously it's something I feel privileged to be able to watch. She has been getting so stressed out lately when she has to try and explain her situation to people she looks at me almost heart broken and asks "what are they, my step brothers and sister?" "no" I reply "they're your brothers and sister that's all anyone needs to know". I hate how society has to put such labels on everything, I mean I understand people get curious but really what does it matter? She has 2 moms, 2 dads, 2 brothers, 1 sister, and so much family that love her it's incredible. She is just surrounded by so much love and I hope/pray that it will be enough to get her through the times when she's questioned and looked at differently because she has such a big family. I know when she's older she will realize how lucky she is to be able to have twice as much love than most people. But how can I help her now when she's so young she doesn't really understand? I just love her so much, I hate to see her sad and confused, I am willing to do whatever it takes to keep her happy and make her life as easy as possible!

0 comments: